• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soljet xf-640

enis1986

Does anybody have any reviews about the roland soljet xf-640, I am looking for a printer that can print full wraps faster then our L26's?

nhuminh

I'm using XF-640 for few month
the speed realy fast @ 6pass printing, color more vivid than VS-640 with the same print head

vroongraphics

this is one I am seriously looking at. I currently have a VS-540 with white ink option, but find I rarely use the white ink (also, white ink prints need to be laminated, as the white ink is not that durable). At the point of purchase, I sacrificed speed for versatility. However, I am finding this machine to be "too slow" for a production environment and am considering the XF-640 as an addition to my shop (speed + redundancy). You can't go wrong with a Roland. I was considering a HP latex, but do not regret going with the Roland. (my $0.02). good luck with your research.

dispen

We recently bought a Roland XF 640.
My current issue is that our Texptint 14 (ver1.1 or something) is not up-to-date which means our texprint 14 cannot be used with that printer. We need to have a newer version (maybe Texprint 14 Ver 1.3?). If I am mistaken, please help me...

dispen

Hi,
Updated news:
3 Roland Soljet XF-640 in use!
We are pleased that all 3 of them are fully functional and operating for 3 months with minor issues. No big problem so far. Depending on the pattern, we are printing 2 passes, 3 passes or 4 passes.
Compairing with Mimaki JV5 (2 years old) ; Roland XF-640 (3 months old) is much better. I hope After 2-3 years my opinion won't change.
If ı need to ciritize;

1) for Texprint users; only updated version of texprint is suitable.

2) bolt-nut connections of feeder unit is worn in 3-4 months time.

3) The device says: 'sheet too small' and asks: 'continue?' even if the pattern is more narrow than sensed paper width. Then the device keeps feeding paper for meters although the pattern is over (I guess the device tries to pring blank parts of the pattern). That is a huge minus for us. If anyone know; please help us prevent that issue.

graphicwarning

Hi

3) The device says: 'sheet too small' and asks: 'continue?' even if the pattern is more narrow than sensed paper width. Then the device keeps feeding paper for meters although the pattern is over (I guess the device tries to pring blank parts of the pattern). That is a huge minus for us. If anyone know; please help us prevent that issue.

Mine seemed to do this a lot until I updated to the most recent firmware. Install Rolands on-support and make sure it has the newest firmware. I may take care of the "sheet too small" problem.

dispen

Mine seemed to do this a lot until I updated to the most recent firmware. Install Rolands on-support and make sure it has the newest firmware. I may take care of the "sheet too small" problem.

Graphicwarning,

Thank you for your answer, Could you please tell me your latest sofware?

When I press the start it in service mode, it says Ver.1.80? Your software is newer? Or are you talking about another firmware?

BTW, I will need spare parts for ROLAND XF-640.
In markets I cannot find many spare parts directly for ROLAND XF-640. Maybe that is because it is relatively a new device. Whatever, is there anyone who knows a printer that is compatible with XF-640. Maybe RE-640 or RA-640 or XE-640? For example for linear encoder strip, which printer is compatible with XF-640?

Best Regards...

dispen

Graphicwarning,

When I press the start it in service mode, it says Ver.1.80? Your software is newer? Or are you talking about another firmware?

In markets I cannot find many spare parts directly for ROLAND XF-640. Maybe that is because it is relatively a new device. Whatever, is there anyone who knows a printer that is compatible with XF-640. Maybe RE-640 or RA-640 or XE-640? For example for linear encoder strip, which printer is compatible with XF-640?

Best Regards...

Hi all,
Previously all our ROLAND XF-640's were feeding the media although the job was done. We could not have stopped feeding motor issue although we did anything except for shutting down the device. I thought it was because of the firmware. So that I updated firmware from 1.80 to 2.00. The issue continued. Then, our dealer installed newer (maybe compatible) version of Texprint (RIP software) and the issue is solved now.

Best Regards...

dispen

Graphicwarning,

Best Regards...

Hello after many years!
I will answer my spare part question:
CAP ==> I prefer digiprint-supplies.com spare cap (compatible one for €9.0 app). I am happy to use it.
Damper ==> I have to use the original one which is too exprensive; but I have no reliable compatible option.
Head Cable ==> I ordered 10pieces of head cables (4 cables make a pack for each printhead). 10 cables cost $12 in total. I did not receive the cable; but am quite sure that the cables will fit well (they will be a bit long but I will tape unnecessary lenght of cable.
Linear Encoder Strip ==> I have been using cheapest compatible encoder strip for 6 years witth no issue. No dedication to ROLAND is required. I have been using MIMAKI JV5 compatible JV5 linear encoder strip.There has been no issue for years.
Pump ==> I can't remember its technical name. There are two gaskets in each pump. In 1-2 year time, the gaskets might tear off which causes lack of ink suction from CAP. I have been replacing torn gasket with a compatible PVC I bought from a sign company.
Pipe ==> A silicone based elastic pipe I bought is suitable the original pipe leaks.

Personel Note: Before a year or two, one of the printheads stopped working at all. It did not ignite through any nozzles which implied that the issue was related with electrical. So, I removed back cover of the machine revealing electronic boards. I recognized a quantity of three fuses (each were 3A15 I suppose). I disenergized the machine and checked for a continuity issue each fuse, then recognized one of the fuses was open-circuited. I replaced that surface mount fuse. The printhead was recovered fine. (I never figured out the cause of the previous issue)