• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvent print transfers for garments. Opinions please

Bretbyron

I have been looking at these from my distributors. Any opinions? By the descriptions alone I am leaning towards Sihl.

Sihl 3197 T-Printz Fabric Transfer

Specialty Materials Heat Transfer ColorPrint

Roland HeatSoft

Thanks in advance
:thumb:

rjssigns

Check with Imprintables. They are a merchant member. All we've ever used is their Eco-Print. Prints beautifully. Zero issues.

Adam can get you set up.

CS-SignSupply

We have multiple clients using the Roland HTM2 and FDC 9303 PU materials.

We are running a free ground shipping offer on the Roland HTM2 20"x50' rolls if interested. Give me a call 1-877-602-4237.

ayukish

Check with Imprintables. They are a merchant member. All we've ever used is their Eco-Print. Prints beautifully. Zero issues.

Adam can get you set up.

@rjssigns Thank you!

@Bretbyron The Eco Print recommended by rjssigns is a great choice over the options you mentioned. I don't think you'll see the longevity in those products that you'll see in the Eco-Print. Some of them also have a Paper backing, which is a pain to deal with. The Eco Print is priced right, easy to work with, and will look great through many washes!

Bretbyron

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

We have multiple clients using the Roland HTM2 and FDC 9303 PU materials.

We are running a free ground shipping offer on the Roland HTM2 20"x50' rolls if interested. Give me a call 1-877-602-4237.

Hows the thickness and washability compared to the FDC?

@rjssigns Thank you!

@Bretbyron The Eco Print recommended by rjssigns is a great choice over the options you mentioned. I don't think you'll see the longevity in those products that you'll see in the Eco-Print. Some of them also have a Paper backing, which is a pain to deal with. The Eco Print is priced right, easy to work with, and will look great through many washes!

I notice it says: **Note: After printing, 2-hour dry time is recommended before masking material** Is this even if we are going to use it immediately?

Mosh

They all feel like a big piece of rubber stuck on a shirt IMO. I started printing shirts in 1988 and have pretty much see it all.

Bretbyron

They all feel like a big piece of rubber stuck on a shirt IMO. I started printing shirts in 1988 and have pretty much see it all.

Yeah, We do screen printing and sublimation in-house, but some jobs are more of a PITA. 4 color process on the hat press isn't always fun and for 30 of them, not worth it. So, that and a couple other places should make this type of stuff more lucrative.

ayukish

I notice it says: **Note: After printing, 2-hour dry time is recommended before masking material** Is this even if we are going to use it immediately?

2 hours is recommended if you're using a BN-20 because of the lack of dryers. If you have a machine with a post heater on it, you should be fine.

Bretbyron

2 hours is recommended if you're using a BN-20 because of the lack of dryers. If you have a machine with a post heater on it, you should be fine.

Thanks Adam. We're running a JV33 and I think the post heater is running at 104Deg.F. Are there profiles for this setup?

Jack Knight1979

I run/ran T-Printz material myself. I agree with Mosh. Rubber on a shirt. Not viable for re-order business. Direct to garment is the solution my clients prefer.

Hows the thickness and washability compared to the FDC?

I have used about 1000yrds of eco print and never waited 2 hours to premask.
They are on the shirts 99% of the time within minutes of coming off the printer

Robert M

Specialty materials

We have sold miles of Specialty Materials products with great results. They now have several different printable heat transfer materials including two types of clear for light color materials.

Bretbyron

We have sold miles of Specialty Materials products with great results. They now have several different printable heat transfer materials including two types of clear for light color materials.

Almost all of our apparel vinyl is Specialty Materials Thermoflex+ and it has worked well. We used to use Gorilla GripII and I really liked it, but it's hard to stock. Which pre-mask are you guys using?

Bretbyron

Just placed a small order for eco-print from Imprintables. I'll have a go at it and report back. Was going to try the Specialty Materials, but it is more than double the price of its competitors.:omg:

phototec

I have used about 1000yrds of eco print and never waited 2 hours to premask.
They are on the shirts 99% of the time within minutes of coming off the printer

Wow, that is using a lot of Eco-Print, so can I ask you some technical questions?

On the Imprintables website the instructions say to press for 10-15 seconds at 300°

And their printed catalog they sent me (Vol12) instructions says to press 10-15 seconds at 320°

Both say to Pre-Heat for 4 seconds and peel hot.

So what temperature do you use that works best and how long do you apply heat and pressure?

:thankyou:

Wow, that is using a lot of Eco-Print, so can I ask you some technical questions?

On the Imprintables website the instructions say to press for 10-15 seconds at 300°

And their printed catalog they sent me (Vol12) instructions says to press 10-15 seconds at 320°

So what temperature do you use that works best and how long do you apply heat and pressure?

I press at 335 for 17 sec
never preheat and yes peel hot
as far as pressure.. I dont have a way to measure the setting.

phototec

I press at 335 for 17 sec
never preheat and yes peel hot
as far as pressure.. I dont have a way to measure the setting.

335°, that is much hotter then they recommend, are you 100% sure?

The last ones I made was a novelty license plate 6"x12" and the temp was a little under 320° and the print looks a little like it was over heated (wrinkles)?

335°, that is much hotter then they recommend, are you 100% sure?

The last ones I made was a novelty license plate 6"x12" and the temp was a little under 320° and the print looks a little like it was over heated (wrinkles)?

I can check tomorrow but my heat press is set for 342 but the pad temp is in the 335 range.