• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Some Latex 360 Issues

CaliforniaVibe

Production and Digital Print Operator
Printing with a HP Latex 360

I was having some banding issues with my 360 lately. It looks like every time I send out my yellow with 10% magenta, the yellow starts off with heavy banding then I stop it, send it out again and it's back to normal. I've diagnosed it, nozzle firing looks good, my mag/yellow (PIC 2) printheads are completely normal, I swapped them out too even though they were only 2000ml deep.

My light magenta however is firing all nozzles but the end strip looks sketchy (PIC 1). Weirder part of it is that I noticed sometime mid November that my Light Magenta hasn't moved an inch (its now January)... It's been stuck at 36% of its cartridge of ink left for 3 months and I've printed that yellow that I'm having an issue with plenty of times inbetween. I've printed many reds, both RGB and CMYK formats, and in long runs...still not sure why my LM hasn't budged.

Earlier this week I swapped my maintenance cartridge, and when it completed, it popped up a error message about my line sensor. I ran the diagnostic for the calibration where the line sensor would come into play and it hasn't given me the error again.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?
Think I might just need to swap out the LM printhead? It has 2899 ml in its lifespan so far. Or do I need to swap out the line sensor? Or is there something completely else I can do...?

Attachments

• PrintheadLM.jpg
    PrintheadLM.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 313
  • PrintheadMY.jpg
    PrintheadMY.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 269

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Printing with a HP Latex 360

I was having some banding issues with my 360 lately. It looks like every time I send out my yellow with 10% magenta, the yellow starts off with heavy banding then I stop it, send it out again and it's back to normal. I've diagnosed it, nozzle firing looks good, my mag/yellow (PIC 2) printheads are completely normal, I swapped them out too even though they were only 2000ml deep.

My light magenta however is firing all nozzles but the end strip looks sketchy (PIC 1). Weirder part of it is that I noticed sometime mid November that my Light Magenta hasn't moved an inch (its now January)... It's been stuck at 36% of its cartridge of ink left for 3 months and I've printed that yellow that I'm having an issue with plenty of times inbetween. I've printed many reds, both RGB and CMYK formats, and in long runs...still not sure why my LM hasn't budged.

Earlier this week I swapped my maintenance cartridge, and when it completed, it popped up a error message about my line sensor. I ran the diagnostic for the calibration where the line sensor would come into play and it hasn't given me the error again.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?
Think I might just need to swap out the LM printhead? It has 2899 ml in its lifespan so far. Or do I need to swap out the line sensor? Or is there something completely else I can do...?

I would start with changing the Print head, who ever sold you the machine should be able to come fix you right up. The support on that machine is great.

CaliforniaVibe

Production and Digital Print Operator
I swapped out my LM/LC on Thursday and ran a sample of that same job and seems to be no banding at all. Even though it was only 2000ml in, it seems like LM/LC had to be changed, it was only 1 year old...almost to date. And since then, my LM cartridge moved from 36% to 34% so it looks like everything is back on track!

Only thing that bugs me is that the printhead diagnostic was showing that my LM/LC was firing all nozzles right and it was an issue all along, so those 3 months that my Light Magenta was stuck at 36%, that color wasn't properly being utilized on our customer's prints. :\

dypinc

I swapped out my LM/LC on Thursday and ran a sample of that same job and seems to be no banding at all. Even though it was only 2000ml in, it seems like LM/LC had to be changed, it was only 1 year old...almost to date. And since then, my LM cartridge moved from 36% to 34% so it looks like everything is back on track!

Only thing that bugs me is that the printhead diagnostic was showing that my LM/LC was firing all nozzles right and it was an issue all along, so those 3 months that my Light Magenta was stuck at 36%, that color wasn't properly being utilized on our customer's prints. :\

You have to remember that with two printheads there is some nozzle redundancy with only one printhead not so much so you need to keep a a closer eye on it.