• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some recent stuff

Z SIGNS

I get bored of the same old stuff.
I love the ones that are different.
These are a few we just completed.The weather vane was a lot of fun.
Weather_Vane_180.jpg drbc leaf.jpg walker.jpg rock4.jpg

Z SIGNS

how did you mount it? that is pretty awesome. great job on the outline for the acrylic too!
1.5" steel angle tapconed on the back 1.5" steel angle on the wall.
Pins on the steel attached to the rock lined up with oversize holes in the steel attached to the wall.
We just dropped it on and walked away.
For the acrylic we took a picture of the rock traced it and cut it on the router.

OADesign

The Rock

For some reason I'm really fascinated by the rock sign. This is the type of project I would love to tackle. But no one EVER has asked for this type of thing.

How did you come to the decision to use the rock? Your concept? Or customer request?
Where did the rock come from? Was it a prefabbed piece? Or did you/customer find it?
Did you smooth the surface yourself? What about the holes? What type of process/bit to get through it with clean holes?

Any pics of the back bracket set up?

Nice work!

Z SIGNS

For some reason I'm really fascinated by the rock sign. This is the type of project I would love to tackle. But no one EVER has asked for this type of thing.

How did you come to the decision to use the rock? Your concept? Or customer request?
Where did the rock come from? Was it a prefabbed piece? Or did you/customer find it?
Did you smooth the surface yourself? What about the holes? What type of process/bit to get through it with clean holes?

Any pics of the back bracket set up?

Nice work!

The customer wanted to use the rock for a dedication plaque but wasn't sure exactly how they wanted to go about it.
This was a fun project because it was for a discerning customer who is willing to pay for uniqueness
and we were given free reign to conjure up whatever we wanted.
Not all jobs are like this and I still have to hang out on the edge of a bucket truck and do other boring sign work to eat.

As far as no none asking you for something like this well
I think that when most people inquire about sign they have no idea what they want.
It's up to you the artist & professional to lead them down the path of coolness.

Be unique in your designs and "Go where no man has gone before" and you will find more and
more people seeking you out for your brilliance.

It was for this project so you can see where the rock comes into it
http://www.state.nj.us/drbc/home/newsbytes/approved/20130923_patrick.html

They supplied the rock
and we drilled it with regular masonry bits
The bracket was something similar to this
Buzzword around the shop when we were workin on it:
"Alright were getting stoned pass me the rock"
wall cleat.jpg

phototec

Very nice work, thanks for sharing, especially the mounting details, always good to know how people tackle these situations.

Stanton

I think that when most people inquire about sign they have no idea what they want.
It's up to you the artist & professional to lead them down the path of coolness.

Pro Tip :

Get to know some of your local Architects and Builders.
Social situations. Figure that part out on your own.
Varies from locality to township.
Talk about hobbies and family, NOT business.
(hint: they like to hunt and fish like real people.)

They will contact you with the fun collaborations.

Z SIGNS - was that glass or acrylic ? (shines like glass).

I did some 2' W x 5' H x 0.5" T donor boards one time out of tempered glass.
To be etched on the reverse with categories of 'gold', 'silver' and 'bronze' donors.
The glass company etched their brand in the lower right corner. ¾" square.

WTH ?

Even the most fun projects have their minor glitches.

All of your examples were cool. (and fun).