• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Someone explain this to me if possible

Bigcat_hunter

I had to switch from freehand to adobe illustrator in the last year(which sucked). I use Ai and photoshop. Why is it when you copy an image from Ai and paste it into photoshop, the black(100% black) is no longer black? It is C: 70% M: 67% Y: 65% K: 74%. I have to select the color and change it to 100% black. Is there a setting or something? I have tried RGB to RGB and CMYK to CMYK with the same result.

scott pagan

check your edit>preferences> appearance of black setting in both programs. in illustrator make sure the export is to "accurate black" and not "rich black".

p3

What the others have said, but also, make sure both programs are in the same color mode whether it is RGB or CMYK. That way you won't see any differences if you use the "Rich black." I notice most people that say something about the blacks looking different though, usually find themselves working in CMYK on illustrator and RGB in Photoshop, since to have access to all the filters and every option, it has to be in RGB.

TammieH

Wow, Freehand! Cool, that was my favorite drawing program of all time...very intuitive...and easy to set hot keys and presets...welcome to the land of Illustrator ...give it some time it will grow on you!

Bigcat_hunter

Wow, Freehand! Cool, that was my favorite drawing program of all time...very intuitive...and easy to set hot keys and presets...welcome to the land of Illustrator ...give it some time it will grow on you!

It already has grown on me but Freehand had some things that were much more user friendly. Like "Paste Inside"!