• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sometimes you just shake your head and laugh...

RebeckaR

Driving into town on Saturday, I had the opportunity of watching the circus which was the installation of this sign.
There were about 5 guys, 3 pickup trucks 2 ladders and a lot of confusion and head scratching.

The empty sign posts and surface have been on this corner for many years. This makes it so much better.
They had only installed the top row of letters and one guy was holding a very long strip of tape and letters with the paper backing pulled off trying to climb a ladder while the tape and letters wrapped around his leg in the breeze.

I wanted to stop and take pictures of the work in progress, but I was in my shop vehicle- so they would know who the heckler was - and what with all my laughing it would have been pretty obvious that I was only there to make fun. Besides, I didn't have any popcorn to enjoy during the show.

So now I share with you the finished product. I think there was a kitchen table and a Cricut involved here somewhere...

The best part of the whole thing? This sign is about 100 yards north of my shop. I want to put up a coro sign disclaimer stating that I DID NOT commit this act of ugliness.

Attachments

• doterra_mess.jpg
    doterra_mess.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 149

onesmf

Sounds absolutely crazy, I know, but what if you pulled up in your work truck, jumped out, climbed on up and started lending a hand, offering advice along the way. When your instruction was complete, hop in your truck and drive away. I bet that would leave an impression!

TheSellOut

I would have left an impression by calling code enforcement on them! Gaurantee those hacks didn't have a permit.

RebeckaR

My version of lending a hand would be to tell them that it would have been much easier and not all that much more expensive to adhere their letters to some corex and then staple it to the sign face.

As far as climbing up the ladder... I was wearing heels and my ice cream would have melted while I was helping some crafter put their sign up.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"Join the dōterraoil.com team of professional consultants today! We will work directly with each of our team members to help you build a successful and exciting new home business. Soon we will have new and exciting features on this website that will help you promote your business free of charge."

Maybe one of the "new and exciting features" is a "Do it yourself" roadside billboard.

wayne k
guam usa

Biker Scout

The thing that sucks the most about the billboard, to me, is that I don't know what it is or even have a desire to find out. Poor waste of advertising dollars.

Ugly, and poorly laid out is one thing.. but if it clearly lacks focus or any kind of strategy on who or what the target market is, they are idiots and didn't deserve to install it for free.

mark in tx

Customer was obviously too cheap to have a banner/billboard printed and applied.

Shop was too dumb to make the installation charge for the cut vinyl more than the banner/billboard print price.

They deserve each other.

RebeckaR

I'm pretty sure this was neither produced or installed by a licensed or even unlicensed sign shop.
I live in the middle of Cricut/cheep-plotter country, so someone cut their own vinyl, or had their neighbor/mother/brother/friend cut them and then sent the son and his buddies out to stick it up.

I had to google to find out what the stuff is... gotta love that multi-level marketing. You can make SO MUCH extra income, you'll be able to afford to advertise like these folks do.

We're expecting stormy weather in the next couple of days... maybe it will be gone by next week.