• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Source for Rustic wood frame kit

Reveal1

We focus mostly on wraps, displays and interior graphics, but every once in a while get a request for post/panel signs. Normally steer customers to the various vinyl post kits and sub the install. Have a customer that wants something more rustic. I know many of you might build that from scratch, but we just don't have the time, resources, or desire so was hoping someone out there sells kits out of wood or something with a convincing faux wood look, and are easy to assemble like the vinyl kits. Does something like that exist?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
We focus mostly on wraps, displays and interior graphics, but every once in a while get a request for post/panel signs. Normally steer customers to the various vinyl post kits and sub the install. Have a customer that wants something more rustic. I know many of you might build that from scratch, but we just don't have the time, resources, or desire so was hoping someone out there sells kits out of wood or something with a convincing faux wood look, and are easy to assemble like the vinyl kits. Does something like that exist?
Since you do wraps, get a plain kit from Signcomp, Howard Industries or wherever, and apply your own faux woodgrain wrap. For real wood, a local woodworking company would be a good place to work with.

Reveal1

Since you do wraps, get a plain kit from Signcomp, Howard Industries or wherever, and apply your own faux woodgrain wrap. For real wood, a local woodworking company would be a good place to work with.
That's an interesting idea, but would need to sell with the caveat that it may last the typical 5-6 years a cast wrap would last. Out in the boonies so customer can easily replace sign panel but re-wrapping installed posts problematic down the road. Haven't had any responses suggesting kits are available so may need to go custom route.

Billct2

Any real "rustic" wood isn't going to last 5 years without needing maintenance. Even natural cedar or redwood will need a clear coat once in a while.
The most durable outdoor wood finish is two part marine clear. The other option is to use composite wood, like Trex. That will last indefinitely.
I think your best bet is to find a local woodworker/carpenter who knows what they can use to make it work