• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Source for wrap templates

JJGraphics

A customer of mine (a faith-based organization) is asking me to design a full vehicle wrap on a 2010 Chevrolet express 3500 15 passenger van. We've never designed a vehicle wrap, so our first instinct is to find a vector based vehicle template to use.

Does anyone have a recommendation for where to go to get a single wrap template?

The customer is remote to us, and is planning on having a local company wrap the van with our graphics. Any tips I should know before we start designing the wrap? Is there anything I can do to make the shops life better? (avoid this, do that, add this much bleed, etc.)

Thanks for the help!

Christian @ 2CT Media

most templates are crap. take a picture and design over top. figure out scale and bam.... all done

This is not entirely true... PVO (Pro Vehicle Outlines) & Art-station Templates have all been within 1/4" of most dimensions for us, you do still need to put hands on the vehicle to account for curvature and etc though.

The Bad Wrap is just plain bad from my experience, Don't know if SAi has improved it any but when Sergio/Fellers was in charge of it the dimensions were way off on every vehicle we tested.

niksagkram

I agree with 2CT Media. PVO is great for this sort of job. BadWrap is a great selling tool for wraps, but don't trust the measurements for a final lay out. If you can't get hands on the vehicle, get at least 2 or 3 measurements from the customer to check your layout on screen, and give the installers lots of "tweak room"

Good luck

Mosh

+++Just take a good straight on pic of the van and work from that...unless you plan on doing a bunch more wraps. Even using a template ALWAYS double check the measurements.

niksagkram

All good advice, but, if I read the OP's post correctly, they do not have access to the van, so a template is probably the best way to go, with a little "wiggle room" built into the design, just in case.