Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP 300v black bleeding into blue....yellow into magenta...

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Master's Touch, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Master's Touch

Master's Touch Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Conway
    the machine is cleaned regularly. this started after I switched from Eco-sol maxx inks to Maxx life eco sol inks by Genesis. It is worse by far with the black/blue. I can print a run of 4' or so of solid process color and all goes back to right...but only while a print session is in process. Very next day, same thing happens again. Obviously it's WASTEFUL, and expensive. Any pointers? I am switching back to OEM inks as soon as this runs out just to see if that might be the thing...but beyond that...?

Tags:
  2. guato

guato Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Slovenia Europe
    Try to pump out with syringe color from dumpers!

3. montanadan

montanadan New Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I had a similar problem a couple of years ago with our Falcon Outdoor Jr. The solution, in our case was quite simple. The capping station for the printheads had several layers of thin absorbent sponge, the Mutoh tech asked me over the phone to remove the top layer. It solved the problem. The sponges had gradually swelled in thickness to where the different colors of ink would bleed into the sponge and wick back into the dampers of the colors adjacent to them. With the cover off the printhead carraige I could see the colors in the damper were somewhat "muddy" looking. But as the printer printed, it gradually replaced the muddy color with fresh ink. Allowed to sit overnight the process would start again.

4. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    SP300V issues

Good day Barry, sorry for your troubles. CiberSupply is a Roland dealer and we would be happy to help you.

5. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    By the way, your MAXX life inks would not happen to be manufactured by SOLARIS?