• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Sp 300v Not cutting all the cutline that's showing in versacamm

LBaisch

Not sure if this is a software or a hardware issue, but it's only happening on some files...
I'm printing a decal using versacam, marching ants are showing all the way around the file (a simple rectangle) when the sp300v runs the print it only recognizes two of the four sides of the cutline. I watched it cut and it acts like it's not getting the full cut line, not even trying to do the other sides. This is a file I have ran many times with no issues, other files are still working fine even ones with intricate cut lines. I rebooted the cpu thinking is was running low on memory, but it did the same thing when I restarted.

Versacamm shows the A and the marching ants all the way around the file, as it always has. What could be causing this and why only on some files???

Thanks! - Lisa

Joe House

Hi Lisa,

Make sure that you have an EPS margin of about .01 inches in your File Format tab of the Queue default properties. This needs to be set before you bring the job into VersaWorks. Basically VW thinks that your file ends at the edge of your artwork and it's hit or miss if it cuts a line that is on the edge of the file.
Set the default and bring your file back in to VW. It should cut all the way around.

Good luck.

LBaisch

Hi Lisa,

Make sure that you have an EPS margin of about .01 inches in your File Format tab of the Queue default properties. This needs to be set before you bring the job into VersaWorks. Basically VW thinks that your file ends at the edge of your artwork and it's hit or miss if it cuts a line that is on the edge of the file.
Set the default and bring your file back in to VW. It should cut all the way around.

Good luck.

THANK YOU! I don't know how my file changed, but this fixed it. Could of been a corrupted rip file... and changing the margin and re-ripping fixed it. Either way, my design is cutting all the way around!!!!!! Thanks Again! - Lisa