• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP-300V printing issue

spudcity

First of all, yes I know it is 10 year technology; but, for the most part it has run fairly flawlessly.

Here's the problem. I finished off a fairly big job a couple of weeks ago. I didn't touch my machine for a few weeks because of installs. I fired up my machine this morning to start a job and the black wasn't printing for my crop marks. I ran a test print and the only colors I got were magenta and yellow.

It has been 6 months since I put new caps on, and that usually cures the problem. But, not this time. Ugh!

Now I still don't have black or cyan, I do have magenta and don't have yellow. In fact, the magenta is firing in the area where the yellow should be in addition to it's normal spot.

I've tried several powerful cleanings with no help. It actually makes the magenta go into the yellow more. The photo on the right is the test print after the cap change.

Any ideas as to what is the malfunction?

Attachments

• test print before new cap.jpg
    test print before new cap.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 199
  • test print after cap change.jpg
    test print after cap change.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 207