Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP-540i Print Heads - Can I replace them myself?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by kylebrk, Aug 30, 2012.

1. kylebrk

kylebrk Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Well, what do you think? Is this a task that I can take on? It's not my main printer but we do use it. What do you think? Have you done something like this? Have you changed the heads yourself? Im all ears!

Tags:
  2. digitalsolutionsok

digitalsolutionsok Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I've changed hundreds of printheads.... but also am a certified printer technican. A versacamm uses 2 epson dx4 printheads.... without proper percuation you could damage the new head, burn up the carriage board or mainboard. BTW if and when you get it in can you do mechanical alignments for the bias and x,y axis? saying that i know end users who can change heads but thats after proper training and experience.

3. inkmed

inkmed Verboten

Jan 4, 2010
    +1
    If you have no experience, It is better call a technician. You can study the process.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

4. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Print heads

End users are doing it every day, shoot me your email and I will forward you a tech manual. We sell heads and offer tech support to end users doing their own work.

5. DRamm76

DRamm76 Member

May 17, 2007
    If you have to ask, then i'd say no you arent going to be able to change them. Be smart and contact a service tech to do it right before it costs you more in the long run

6. fmg

fmg Verboten

Dec 14, 2009
    This guy is a very honest helpful person indeed.
    He helped me out with some info on my machine and had it up and running in no time.

7. Dave L.

Dave L. Member

May 2, 2008
    USA
    I agree with Dan, Thats an expensive part that can be rendered useless in about a split second if you are not careful. Even if it gets installed and is firing ink, it is still probably not installed correctly in terms of calibration. Call a tech