• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540i Print Heads - Can I replace them myself?

kylebrk

Well, what do you think? Is this a task that I can take on? It's not my main printer but we do use it. What do you think? Have you done something like this? Have you changed the heads yourself? Im all ears!

I've changed hundreds of printheads.... but also am a certified printer technican. A versacamm uses 2 epson dx4 printheads.... without proper percuation you could damage the new head, burn up the carriage board or mainboard. BTW if and when you get it in can you do mechanical alignments for the bias and x,y axis? saying that i know end users who can change heads but thats after proper training and experience.

inkmed

I've changed hundreds of printheads.... but also am a certified printer technican. A versacamm uses 2 epson dx4 printheads.... without proper percuation you could damage the new head, burn up the carriage board or mainboard. BTW if and when you get it in can you do mechanical alignments for the bias and x,y axis? saying that i know end users who can change heads but thats after proper training and experience.

+1
If you have no experience, It is better call a technician. You can study the process.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Robert M

Print heads

End users are doing it every day, shoot me your email and I will forward you a tech manual. We sell heads and offer tech support to end users doing their own work.

DRamm76

Well, what do you think? Is this a task that I can take on? It's not my main printer but we do use it. What do you think? Have you done something like this? Have you changed the heads yourself? Im all ears!

If you have to ask, then i'd say no you arent going to be able to change them. Be smart and contact a service tech to do it right before it costs you more in the long run

fmg

End users are doing it every day, shoot me your email and I will forward you a tech manual. We sell heads and offer tech support to end users doing their own work.

This guy is a very honest helpful person indeed.
He helped me out with some info on my machine and had it up and running in no time.

Dave L.

I agree with Dan, Thats an expensive part that can be rendered useless in about a split second if you are not careful. Even if it gets installed and is firing ink, it is still probably not installed correctly in terms of calibration. Call a tech