• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 540i Value

reQ

Upgrading. Would not need my SP 540i. Just wondering how much i can sell it for, realistically?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Age and condition would be big factors in value.

I think you'll find, if you have the space, that it's worth more as a backup than the value someone else is willing to pay. You can print on one cut on the other, use it while waiting for repairs, and print smaller jobs when you have a big job running on the new printer...

Looking at the used market may help determine the value.
Used Grand Format Printers and Other Used Print Equipment, Printhead Cleaning, New and Used Industrial Printer Parts, VUTEk parts
Used embroidery machines, screen printing equipment, digitizing software

reQ

Its a little bit over 3 years old. I just talked to a dealer who i bought it from, he said if he will take it as a trade in, he would give me 4k for it, but if i try sell it myself i should get 6-7k. I am talking Canadian dollars.

P.S. Could not find any of these on ebay etc

CanuckSigns

Its a little bit over 3 years old. I just talked to a dealer who i bought it from, he said if he will take it as a trade in, he would give me 4k for it, but if i try sell it myself i should get 6-7k. I am talking Canadian dollars.

P.S. Could not find any of these on ebay etc

Realistically you might get $5-7k for it used, but depending on your volume keeping it as a backup might make sense.

reQ

Not much room to keep another one... plus if it will sit for nothing, it might get screwed (printheads) and every year it will be loosing its value anyways