• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540v cover problem?

ledhead

Hello All,

We have a Sp-540v here at our shop.
I was having issues with it when i would power it on. It would start the initial cleaning cycle then when it went to wipe the head it would power the secondary power down.
Sometimes it would complete the cleaning no problem but when I would try to print the head would make maybe one pass at most then power down the same.
I took covers off and cleaned and blew dust and the what not out of and around the boards, head, etc.

I read an article on here about cleaning and greasing the guide rail just in case it was getting dirty and causing the head to run un-smoothly.
I did this and the problem persisted.

Now this is where I am lost. I took the head cover off (the plastic cover that protects the top of the head and what not) and the printer is working as good as normal. Now this cover was fairly stained from ink so I cleaned it thinking maybe something along those lines were causing the problem. Put the cover back on and the problem started right away again.
I am running he printer with that cover off for the moment.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am lost as of what to do.

Thanks So Much
Cover.jpg Cover Location.jpg

Last edited:

ledhead

I took all the cables out and cleaned around everything with 99% isopropyl alcohol.
There was a bunch of build up on the cables and around the ports where they plug into.
Attached guard back in place and it is now printing with the guard on so far.

I am guessing as you had said Terry, that some cable was the problem and having the guard on it must have been putting stress the wrong way and reconnecting and cleaning fixed the problem.

If problem occurs again i will keep it posted.

Thanks!!