• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP-540V Linear Block

aroundtown

Hi everyone,
My SP-540V is in need of new linear block (bearings). I've replaced the scan motor recently, as the hours were extremely high, but the movement of the tool carriage feels pretty rough. Regular oiling can only go so far for me.

These linear blocks seem difficult to source, but I have found the THK ones. For anyone that has ordered them, I am wondering if you got the SSR-15XW type?

Additionally on their site they have two versions:
SSR15XW1SS BLOCK
SSR15XW1SSC1 BLOCK

The second one being available to order immediately, I'm hoping it's ok to use.

... and one last question, the tool carriage requires 1, and the print carriage requires 2 side by side, I am guessing that the blocks will fit tight side by side?

Thanks for your input, these seems to be the only part I've had to replace or service with very little (no) information available online.

AUSSIE FLETCH

Hi, I was wondering how you went with replacing your block bearing I have the same issue and cant find the older model bearing? thanks fletch