• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300 feed binding?

NSDdesigns

about 75% of the way through a banner print, the machine decides to slightly skew the roll and the feed is now shifted to where one side gets a bubble/raise in it and it either gets marked by the print head or gets skuffed from the cutter knife. Its only on the very end of the material, near and in front of the left roller.

I am able to pause the print and snug the one side bu hand until it rolled out and become flat again, but what a pain, I have to watch the prints the whole time....

How does one go about making sure this doesn't happen and also, how do you fix it once it does? I made the mistake of lifting the lock arm and clearing the data as a result.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fatboy

Have a look at your feed rollers and make sure the rubber have not come loose from the bearing assembly.

ova

You really need to slow down and read your manual for the printer. Most of your posts can be figured out just knowing your machine.

1. I always remove the knife when printing banners. No need to have it in there possibly taking a chance of scratching the media.

2. If the media starts to buckle, all you have to do is hit the pause button once. This will allow you to open the cover without canceling the job. Take a screw driver and slightly lift whatever roller is causing the buckle. Don't lift it too far to cause the roller carriage to bend. Just enough to allow the media to flatten out. Close the cover, hit the pause button again and the job will continue.

Don't hold the pause button down too long when you're re-starting the printer. This will cancel the job.

Dave

Fatboy

You really need to slow down and read your manual for the printer. Most of your posts can be figured out just knowing your machine.

1. I always remove the knife when printing banners. No need to have it in there possibly taking a chance of scratching the media.

2. If the media starts to buckle, all you have to do is hit the pause button once. This will allow you to open the cover without canceling the job. Take a screw driver and slightly lift whatever roller is causing the buckle. Don't lift it too far to cause the roller carriage to bend. Just enough to allow the media to flatten out. Close the cover, hit the pause button again and the job will continue.

Don't hold the pause button down too long when you're re-starting the printer. This will cancel the job.

Dave
ahhhh very clever.Thank you very much.

NSDdesigns

you really need to slow down and read your manual for the printer. Most of your posts can be figured out just knowing your machine.

Dave

thanks!