• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 stops printing

Tom

I'm running an SP300 with colorip 2.2.
Everything has worked well for years.
I ran a small file yesterday that just stopped mid-way and the "Now Processing" message appears and hangs.
I let it sit for 15 minutes with no activity.
I've tried to re-boot, re-rip the file, send a different file that worked recently, I've re-installed the latest update to 2.2, and updated the firmwareto V6.9.

Now, sometimes the file stops and hangs or NOTHING happens when I send it to print!

Any Ideas? The machine is 7 years old, and I'm very close to upgrading to a 54", so if I can avoid a costly service call, I'd like to.

GTSTech_1

Check your Main Ribbon Cable for kinks. If it's ok then servo board could have kicked the bucket. Do you get "pinchroller" errors when initializing, if so Cable is more than likely the culprit.

My .02

Tom

USB connections are OK. I tried changing the cable, same results.
The ribbon does have 2 small kinks, Ill try replacing it.
I don't get any error messages at all. It just goes to "Now Processing" and hangs.
Thanks for the help!

Tom

Cut only also stops after a few seconds.
I replaced the main ribbon, and still the same results.

sardocs

I also run an sp300 with ColorRip 2.2 and I was having the same problem with prints quitting 3/4 of the way through. It seemed to happen more often on the more complex designs or on 10'+ banners. My computer tech upgraded the computer to 3 gigs of ram from 2gigs and that seems to have fixed the problem for now.....

ProColorGraphics

I had a problem where the printer would stop in the middle of a job and VW would say that it was not connected. I called Roland and they recommended I initialize VW or try a different computer. I setup a different computer and everything has worked fine ever since.

Tom

I un-installed and re-installed Versa Camm Drivers and Colorip with the updates and still have the problem. I can bump the RAM from 2GB to 4GB, so I'll try that next....

It's a communication issue...Doubt the cables, more likely it's the computer.
Update the ColorRip
Check your computer (may need more memory)
Update the Firmware to 6.9
You can upgrade to Versaworks with the SP300...solves a lot of issues..but $$$

Tom

Well, I'm able to print, thanks to a 6' USB cable, but I do have a computer issue. 1 of 3 Hard drives failed. It may be a controller or the disk TBD.
Time to upgrade.....