Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP300V - Black leaving trailouts on solid lines

Discussion in 'Roland' started by netfryer, Jun 15, 2009.

1. netfryer

netfryer Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Iowa
    Just had a new head installed by a Roland tech... and it's ran fine for a month... now out of the blue im getting trailouts on any black line i print. Looks as if every 10 nozzles or so keep firing for a split second too long as it makes a pass, leaving little fine lines trailing out of any vertical black edge.

I've cleaned the thing, i've cleaned the encoder strip, i've ran an Env match, i've tried different media...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. guillermo

guillermo Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Northridge, California
    do a head wash using cleaning cartrideges, I did it with mine and works fine now

3. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Do a very good job of cleaning the heads using swabs and EcoSol solvent. Then do a couple medium cleans...this should do fine. Basically, clean the heads

4. signs2trade

signs2trade Active Member

Ive had this problem time to time and found very small fibers stuck to the print head. Almost had to get a bright flashlight and magnifying glass to see them....funny how something as small as a single hair can mess up your whole print.
    Keith

5. netfryer

netfryer Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Iowa
    I was leery of using a swab on my new print heads... I'll try that tonight!

Thanks all!