• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V black/ white prints

DizzyMarkus

I seem to be having issues trying to get black and white pictures to print properly--- I can print blacks all day long--- its something in the black and white photos with the gradients. I have tried a ton of profiles and getting pretty much the same result, the gradient areas "blend" together. I will post a pic later when I hit the shop this afternoon. How do those with a sp300v print their black and white photos-- we have a ton of requests for black and white canvas prints--- (this does the same , paper, vinyl or canvas)

thanks greatly, its getting expensive lol

Markus

GTSTech_1

Under your Quality tab in versaworks, change the color management to Density Control Only. I had a customer with the same problem and this fixed his issue. Hopefully it will fix yours as well.

My .02

GTSTech_1

Under your Quality tab in versaworks, change the color management to Density Control Only. I had a customer with the same problem and this fixed his issue. Hopefully it will fix yours as well.

My .02

GTSTech_1

This workaround essentially turns off color management, and passes the colors in the file (assuming that they are CMYK) directly through to the printer, without adjustments or corrections. It tends to work best with CMYK files.

It also will tend to make nozzle-induced banding much more noticeable as only the K printhead would be used to print the various shades of gray.

DizzyMarkus

thank you guys for the responses-- I did not go in yesterday as the flu has me in its grips lol-- feeling better today tho :0)

Markus

phototec

My .02

GTSTech_1

thank you guys for the responses-- I did not go in yesterday as the flu has me in its grips lol-- feeling better today tho :0)

Markus

Interested in this also, please let us know how the above suggestion worked and if it corrects your problem.

Are you sending TRUE black and white TIFF images to the printer?

You need to have a GOOD B&W image in TIFF format to make a good B&W canvas print.

I use OnOne Software Perfect B&W 9 and adjust my B&W images in Photoshop to get good results.

[video=youtube;Um62baNCWxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um62baNCWxU[/video]

Here is a link to a FREE 30 trial:
http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/bw9/

phototec

I seem to be having issues trying to get black and white pictures to print properly--- I can print blacks all day long--- its something in the black and white photos with the gradients. I have tried a ton of profiles and getting pretty much the same result, the gradient areas "blend" together. I will post a pic later when I hit the shop this afternoon. How do those with a sp300v print their black and white photos-- we have a ton of requests for black and white canvas prints--- (this does the same , paper, vinyl or canvas)

thanks greatly, its getting expensive lol

Markus

Should be able to give this a shot tonite--- will post outcome
thank you greatly,
Markus

Markus,

What happened? You never replied back if you were able to print a GOOD B&W?

Let us know how it turned out...

Thanks

DizzyMarkus

Yes I did sell out--- yes I do care--- no I hadnt tried. Im still doing small things ordering through 365.

Sorry wish I had a better answer for you -- In 3 years I never could get a good black and white outta it and tried many things

Markus