• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V - blue printing darker after manual cleaning.

EpicEffex

Hi everyone, Happy New years eve!

As I head into 2017 I wanted to give my printer a cleaning since the blue and black print heads were deflecting a little. So I went a head and put in a cleaning cartridge and drew the cleaning solution through the blue/black print head with a syringe. I did it ever so slowly also. I did it once in the black and once in the blue and ever since my blue has been printing really dark. To the point where I printed a baby blue square test print and it came out like Navy blue.

I hope I didn't mess anything up. I would think so by just doing a flush. But with my luck I'll be starting the new year with frustration.

Any suggestions would be greatly apprecated.

Happy new year!!

bigblocktrader

have you ever removed cap tops then remove the hose flush it and gently blow air through then reattach and install,you would be surprised what will come out,when you disconnect hoses from pump it should drip a little, syringe wont always get small amounts of coagulate ink, especially on black blue side,

EpicEffex

Hi Bigblocktrader,

Thank you for the reaponse. I have not tried that. But I will try that. I did do a head soak and the cleaning solvent went down pretty easily. But i will try flushing out the cap tops.

Still learning my way around the machine. Just got it not too long ago.

Thanks again for the help.

phototec

Hi Bigblocktrader,

Thank you for the reaponse. I have not tried that. But I will try that. I did do a head soak and the cleaning solvent went down pretty easily. But i will try flushing out the cap tops.

Still learning my way around the machine. Just got it not too long ago.

Thanks again for the help.

Once after doing a head soak all night (because I had many deflected nozzles), the next day when printing the nozzle test print I had contaminated MAGENTA (was printing dark), which is what you may have (a little black in the cyan). It was suggested to me to make very large blocks of the two contaminated PURE colors, in my case 48" wide and alternating stripes of 6" tall of MAGENTA and BLACK. Then printed about 4 feet of the two different 48" x 6" color blocks and as the printer was printing you could see the MAGENTA getting better and going back to normal. In my case the the black ink backed up into the magenta damper and mixed together, after printing enough ink the dampers were clear of the contaminated color and started to print the the solid true MAGENTA. Might be something to try, worked for me.