• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V cutter pressure for laminated?

geckophoto

Can anyone give me a base setting for my cutter pressure when cutting vehicle graphic media after I laminate it? I use about 85 for unlaminated now and a real slow cut speed.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
How long is a piece of string?
There are so many variables to this, only your own testing it going to give you an accurate answer.
Things like laminate and media thicknesses (cast vs. poly vs. mono are all different) as well as blade depth in the holder, age of blade all play vital parts to the equation.
I would take a stab at 130 and work from there if 85 is working at the moment. How slow is "slow"? We cut most jobs at 300mm/sec without any issues, nice sharp corners and smooth curves.

strypguy

I agree. It depends on initial blade settings in the holder. I'm at 105 with a new blade and it transitions to about 115-120 as the blade gets duller. Just do your test cuts and adjust pressure until you get the desired results. John

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
85 for non laminated it very high which means your blade probably isn't installed properly or is just very worn down. On a brand new blade I usually see 35 grams for non-laminated and anywhere between 85 and 110 on laminated but it completely depends on what material you are using which is why they give you the test cut feature to figure it out for each situation.