• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300v Green Ink Showing Yellow Casting & Printhead

calvinh

Does anyone have any idea as to why I have been having trouble printing decals that have large areas of green.

When I started getting this issue I immediately changed the cap tops, dampers & did the usual maintenance cleaning of the printheads (see first photo). It got better but it is still printings yellow casting across the print area randomly (see 2nd & 3rd photos). Everything else I print is printing just fine (no yellow casting see test print in 3rd image which is printed at high quality).

I'm printing on Wall Decal Material (Concept 250 wall frog material) using the MCVP Print Profile). I had the material cut from a 54" roll to fit my 30" printer. I did notice that periodically in the middle of a printing job since I put this roll on the machine I start hearing a scraping sound as the print mechanism goes across the page. It does it after it has been printing for a while and the print gets ruined.

My black printhead has some issues I know but not sure if this is what is causing it. I have been printing just fine with the printhead like this. When this started happening I tried printing on a different decal material I had and also tried using a different file but it's still happening. I'm using an sp300v which is about 7 years old and has all it's original parts except the cut carriage strip was changed & the wiper scrapers have been changed periodically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• print1.jpg
    print1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 186
  • print2.jpg
    print2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 156
  • printtest.jpg
    printtest.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 177

Morph1

Print all
The scraping you hear is the spooling straggling to pull a full roll, I wish sp300 had a middle roller, give it some slack and try to print again,
most likely the vinyl bows up and the head starts to touch it while swiping left to right..., regarding your color it almost looks like contamination on the vinyl surface or uneven heat,
try to print the same pattern but turn the heaters right off.
See if that works,

Cheers !

A.

Does anyone have any idea as to why I have been having trouble printing decals that have large areas of green.

When I started getting this issue I immediately changed the cap tops, dampers & did the usual maintenance cleaning of the printheads (see first photo). It got better but it is still printings yellow casting across the print area randomly (see 2nd & 3rd photos). Everything else I print is printing just fine (no yellow casting see test print in 3rd image which is printed at high quality).

I'm printing on Wall Decal Material (Concept 250 wall frog material) using the MCVP Print Profile). I had the material cut from a 54" roll to fit my 30" printer. I did notice that periodically in the middle of a printing job since I put this roll on the machine I start hearing a scraping sound as the print mechanism goes across the page. It does it after it has been printing for a while and the print gets ruined.

My black printhead has some issues I know but not sure if this is what is causing it. I have been printing just fine with the printhead like this. When this started happening I tried printing on a different decal material I had and also tried using a different file but it's still happening. I'm using an sp300v which is about 7 years old and has all it's original parts except the cut carriage strip was changed & the wiper scrapers have been changed periodically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GTSTech_1

Like everyone else has stated......Black head needs replacement. For the yellow issue, I would suggest cleaning the encoder scale, also confirm "Full Width Scan" is enabled.

calvinh

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

As I said I replaced the caps/dampers/wiper. I also have cleaned the encoder strip a little. After reading here I went back and gave the encoder strip a thorough cleaning. The printing is much better. I am able to print a decent green now.

I will go ahead and get a printhead to replace the black one so I'm completely fixed.

Again your feedback is very much appreciated.