• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V Now Heating.... Dryer Not Getting to Temp

equippaint

I have an older Versacamm SP300v. It has worked fine and printed friday night with it. I came in this morning and hit test print, display said now heating and never warmed up all the way. I turned off the main power, waited, still same. Checked the 2 main fuses which were good. In the menu the feed heat is set at 37 and reads 37, the dry is set at 49, reading 35. The dryer is warm but not to the correct temp. Checked the voltage switch as well. Also not getting any errors. Im still printing, when it says now heating.... I just hit pause and it continues on.

My assumption is the thermistors are fine since its reading the temp? and the heater itself is intact since it is getting warm. Possibly the control board but it is turning on the heaters so not totally sold on that. Thermostat maybe?

Im not sure where to go from here short of throwing parts at it which is pretty stupid. I searched similar problems but of course the op never goes back after its fixed to actually say what it was.

equippaint

Ok so I came in after the weekend and printed... post heater is now working right. Any ideas? This thing is like having another employee, comes in hungover and half working after 1 weekend and the next they're totally refreshed and working perfect. I won't hold my breath, its cutting now, still some time left to screw it up.