• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300v reg marks question

Cyw

Why can't you line up the marks where they're supposed to be?

Maybe I'm not understanding your problem

EST2012

Sorry about that. I'm kind of new to this and learning. I printed 28 decals on a sheet, print only with the marks. The marks are close to the edge of the sheet and I was told that it cannot be cut because they need to be in further because it wont recognize the marks if they are that close to the edge. They are approx. 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch from the edge. Can they still be recognized to be cut being that close?

ova

Unless you have a problem with the cut carriage cable, the printer will only use the area between the pinch rollers. This is what the printer uses when it gets the "media width".

If it printed the image , it should cut them.

Dave

EST2012

Thank you for the help and sorry for the confusing first question. I am going to try and get this to work. The guy that got this printer pretty much got a crash course from the person he bought it from so I'm trying to start learning it all because I think a few things got skipped. I may be back (fair warning lol). Thanks again.

Jacob

DizzyMarkus

After the last set of reggy marks print out, advance the material some before sheet cutting off :0)

The front ones have to be ok -- lol it printed them.

The back ones need enough material for the pinch rollers to keep ahold of while looking for the marks.

Markus

ova

After the last set of reggy marks print out, advance the material some before sheet cutting off :0)

The front ones have to be ok -- lol it printed them.

The back ones need enough material for the pinch rollers to keep ahold of while looking for the marks.

Markus

Good point here. The reason you leave some exrta vinyl out the back is to cover the sensor. If the media is too short, when it advances forward looking for the marks, it will uncover the sensor and stop the process.

Dave

redbarn

Not exactly related but if you have trouble on the front end reg marks you can place your finger over the largest hole (rounded rectangle, closest to print head) use the back arrow, bring media back past sheet cut line and set a new base point. I always do this because I am cheap and it saves a couple inches of vinyl and is a handy trick for situations like above. I have a vp though

EST2012

Wanted to thank everyone for their input and suggestions. Got everything cut and had success so hopefully can keep it going now. We added extra on the side so the pinch rollers had enough to grip and see the registration marks then. We had tightened the clamps that keep the vinyl in place so I was surprised at how much it still moved. Now the fun begins with weeding!