• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp300v/versaworks Photos Print Green.

Scphotog

Printer seems to be functioning as normal. Prints a media chart without any noticeable issue.

I'm trying to print some photos... and I can't seem to get the color right. Everything has a fair bit of green.

I have a boat cowling to wrap in a camo pattern, that is mostly brown. A lighter shade of brown/beige with darker brown spots.

The photo itself looks fine on the monitor... regardless of the program I view it in, except for Versaworks, where in the main screen preview it looks normal-ish, and then on the preview in the settings dialog it appears as slightly washed out.

I have the high quality preview enabled.

I see some color change in that settings screen if I change some of the color management options, and I can get the image to print somewhat different tones depending on the color setting and or media profile, but so far no matter what I've tried I can't get the color to reproduce as just 'brown', as it should be. The green tint is always there.

I've re-shot the photo a few times. I shot as an RGB jpg, as sRGB jpg, as RAW and then converted, and well... a bunch of other things as well, and I just continue to get green.

About to pull my hair out. I need this job out of here... and I need to be able to reproduce colors from a photo at least fairly accurately. Doesn't have to be perfect spot on, but right now, it's not even close.

I'll continue to read and search out more information in the hopes I can fix this on my own, but...Any help or information that can be tossed my way is much appreciated.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You need a better icc printer profile. Either you need to create one or get someone to create one for you.

To temp fix the problem, in your photo editing software, how about pull some green out to compensate for the extra green the printer is printing.

phototec

Your best bet is to do as mentioned above, in Photoshop tweak the image to add more brown and less green, it may not look correct on your monitor, but it will print correctly if you make the necessary adjustments, and then save the image as a TIFF which will hold the correct color adjusted values.

Scphotog

Thanks folks. I thought of that... hoped for a more permanent, or 'better' fix but I'll give that a shot to get this job out, for now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did you try diddling around in your 'Color Adjustment' section ?? It's as much a gamble as making it a different color in a program.