• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP300V Wiper Blade

Michael Snook

Hello, I’ve owned a few SP300’s and it seems every time I replace the wiper blade scraper the machine struggles to pull the wiper blades past the scraper, so far all I can do is cut the scraper down a bit. I’m 99.9% sure the new scraper and blades are installed correctly. I do but the best I can from Digiprint, original Roland I presume.
I’m I doing something wrong? Anybody else get this problem?

Thank you.

Michael Snook

I have that problem if I try aftermarket wipers. I only use genuine Roland now and have never had an issue again. Have you replaced or cleaned the wiper scraper? If there is a lot of ink build up on there it may cause problems with your wipers.John

Wiper Scraper for RolandWiper Scraper for Roland
Hello John,
I can’t find genuine parts. I’m in UK, I use Digiprintsupplies in Belgium.
I did replace the scraper too.

Thank you.

2ny

Hello John,
I can’t find genuine parts. I’m in UK, I use Digiprintsupplies in Belgium.
I did replace the scraper too.

Thank you.

Hi.
We have a SP300 that we try to keep as fit as possible. We have changed the wipers on a regularly basis, and even made our own scrapers of polycarbonate on our laser cutters.
We have never experienced the problems that you decribe, so I would have to agree with strypguy about the genuin parts comment. You should be able to find parts online somewhere.
Remember also that the wipers shall be insertet with the rubber facing forward, and the filt side backwards on the machine.

Best regards
Tony K.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah no after market wiper I have found is soft enough to make it past the wiper scraper. OEM seems to be the best option.