• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300v wiper help

speed4all

I have as I stated a sp300v.
I printed a job one night.the next day I walked in to shop to see an error mag 0109. I have cleaned rail,changed wipers,replaced wiper position sensor. And it still on start up the wiper carriage slams in the back wall and errors out. I talked to a few ppl. They said I have to reset the timing in the wiper belt.if this is true how do I go about that.or if not what else could it be. Thank you all in advance.

Ragnabrok

There isn't a timing on the belt as far as i know, when something gets jammed the belt will slip on the drive gear making a ratchet sound. When whatever was jamming it gets fixed, it resumes operation without changing anything or resetting something. Likely it's the operation of the wiper at fault. I've seen the bracket the wipers mount on being broken, the cradle for the surge mist sponge jamming, the sheet metal cage around the wiper system being bent into the motion range of the wiper bracket, and even the wipers just being a bit more stiff than expected, and jamming against the wiper scraper.

With the power off, the wipers should be able to be pushed and pulled the length of normal operation without any undue effort, something is likely interrupting that.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
When you pull the front cover off, you will see a small belt (about 1/8" thick near the bottom with plastic gears. It has brass looking tabs that can be bent a little to add tension to the belt. That's my experience with service call 109. Usually you can turn the machine off, push the head back against the magnet, and turn the printer back on and the msg goes away. I've had that belt replaced and it still does it from time to time. It's usually the first print of the day, after that its generally fine.