• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp540 Issue

Exodusdesign

Hey guys.
Ive had an Sp540v for around a year without many dramas. Its an older machine and prints relatively well for what i need. It doesn't get alot of use so im up for regular cleaning.

Had a bit of ink contamination with both the yellow/magenta and the black/cyan, so replaced dampers, new captops, ended up putting some new cyan and yellow carts in which were very low. Did a manual clean and normal clean as i would but now ..

this is my test print. Have tried printing some block colours and i get thin cyan lines across page also. An excess of cyan coming across the page like banding. I have pulled ink through the lines, and done everything i normally would.... cracked manifold?
Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_6093.JPG
    IMG_6093.JPG
    821.1 KB · Views: 120

printhog

Oh jeebus.. way more than regular cleaning needed there. Thats an electronics issue, not plumbing. I'd say your head cables are loose, dirty or damaged. Your k head may be saved, but I'm sure your cyan is toast. Problem is that without diligent troubleshooting you can't figure this one out from just one photo. I'd swap cables to see if you can make that happen on magenta with the cyan cable. But power off and unplug before moving any cables. Rolands have power to heads even with mains off. You mention you had ink contamination of some channels. Can you post pic.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Hey Exodusdesign,

Printhog is right, this is an electrical issue and if the suggestions already offered does not work, then it's our official recommendation to contact your authorized Roland dealer to fix the machine. If you don't have a dealer that you work with normally, you can find one online using our locator service here: Dealer Locator | Roland.

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn