• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help sp540v contour cutting off!!!! help!!!!

franklinsigns

can figure out whats happened to my contour cutting. for some reason its moved to the right. nothings changed. it was working fine monday. now today im off. and can get it to align back up. i env match.. and print cut test. everything comes back perfect.
20170803_144347.jpg
20170803_144350.jpg

lexsigns

Had a similar issue a while back. It was the rubber on the pinch roller came loose. Drove me crazy for a day until I found it! Was the one on the right. FYI they are angled if you get a new one to change it.

Hey franklinsigns,

In the first post above, you wrote "...my contour cutting. for some reason its moved to the right. nothings changed. it was working fine monday. now today im off. and can get it to align back up. i env match.. and print cut test. everything comes back perfect." Although that statement suggest all is well now, we suspect that's not the case. We suspect the problem had been resolved, but eventually returns. So, based on that assumption, we encourage you to:
  1. Update the printer firmware.
  2. Clean the encoder scale and sensor.
  3. Perform the printer's "Factory Default". This will reset the printer, so you'll have to perform the calibrations again (e.g. bi-directional, feed, print/cut adjust, crop mark, etc).
  4. Run the "env.match" before every print job, then try the print and cut job.
If the problem continues, you have two (2) options:
  1. Call your regional Roland dealer to have the printer tuned up and maintained (e.g. drive wire tension may need to be adjusted, service level print/cut adjustment likely needed, etc).
  2. Abandon the print with immediate cut and start printing and cutting using crop marks (since you've confirmed that works).
If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

autoexebat

I tossed at least $1000.00 worth of material in the trash because of cut contours . My printer was BRAND NEW and I had the issue from the first cuts .. I changed the wheels and it's fine .