• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP540V get past cleaning

nicklas

I got a SP540V that i somehow broke the encorderline on. It took me 2 weeks to get a sparepart. Now I have replace the encordeline but got a problem.
Now as soon as I turn on the printer it start to clean. But because it haven't read in the new encoder it can't clean är just says service 0110. But i can't get in to servicemode because it starts to clean before i enter the service code. Is it some way to get around this and go directly from call service to service mode???

// thanks Nicklas

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ok that should work fine. I was thinking maybe you were using the old way which would not have worked and sent you right into cleaning. Unfortunately that's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are some other guys on here better with Rolands like JoeHouse. Good luck!

nicklas

Ok that should work fine. I was thinking maybe you were using the old way which would not have worked and sent you right into cleaning. Unfortunately that's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are some other guys on here better with Rolands like JoeHouse. Good luck!

I have used that way before. But now that ever I do it just restarts and go directly to cleaning and after 1 minute it starts to piping and saying call service. Last time I try to fix the printer it doesn't try to clean so i could get in to service and at least close the "capingstation" up against the printhead. Now is the printhead open and I can't rescue them.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have used that way before. But now that ever I do it just restarts and go directly to cleaning and after 1 minute it starts to piping and saying call service. Last time I try to fix the printer it doesn't try to clean so i could get in to service and at least close the "capingstation" up against the printhead. Now is the printhead open and I can't rescue them.

There is a little hole under the printer right below where the cap tops are. In that hole is a little flat metal rod that when turned will allow you to manually move the caps up and down without any power. That will at least cap your heads until you can get it up and running.

nicklas

There is a little hole under the printer right below where the cap tops are. In that hole is a little flat metal rod that when turned will allow you to manually move the caps up and down without any power. That will at least cap your heads until you can get it up and running.

Excellent. Very good to know. Thanks for your help.