• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540v - need help, "turn on power again" error

dannygstewart

hi all, ive searched for hours to solve this and have come up empty.

printer was working fine, then the other morning "turn on power again" comes up on the lcd and nothing i do makes a difference.

has anyone had any experience with this before? its a sunday here so tech support isnt available for another 24 hours.

i did read about something similar and it being a stuck button on the control panel but all buttons tested fine.

its an old machine way out of warranty so hoping to try and solve this without a tech visit if at all possible.

help! please.

thanks

danny

InkjetAuction

Remove the battery

Please remove the battery and see what happens (lithium battery is on the main board).
Battery only maintains time and date. All of your settings are safe.

~E

alevye

A.L. Sherut
SP-540v Turn On Power Again problem

Hello. After you tried removing the battering (before of the unplug the machine from power and wait to 2 - 3 mins) don't solve your problem, you can try other things like:

1) Try to change the room conditions (like humidity and temperature) and check again.

2) Try to connect the printer to another power source (different from the power outlet you are using now, that means to make sure that is connected to another power line in the Main Power Distribution Board)

3) If that didn't work, try to turn on the machine in Service Mode and check if you got the same failure

Regards

dannygstewart

Hello. After you tried removing the battering (before of the unplug the machine from power and wait to 2 - 3 mins) don't solve your problem, you can try other things like:

1) Try to change the room conditions (like humidity and temperature) and check again.

2) Try to connect the printer to another power source (different from the power outlet you are using now, that means to make sure that is connected to another power line in the Main Power Distribution Board)

3) If that didn't work, try to turn on the machine in Service Mode and check if you got the same failure

Regards

pulling the battery had some strange results. when it first turned back on it came up with "press power button to clean" which is what should come up but after perhaps 20 seconds it beeped and the "turn on power again" has returned.

it makes me think that it still something funny happening with the buttons.

i tried the battery removal again and press power to clean only flashes up for a fraction of a second before turn on power again comes up.

tried different power leads and power points, no change

this has occured on a hot day yesterday and now a cold day today.

the only power switch i can find is the black one next to where the cord plugs in to the outside of the machine.

talked to a tech today who says its most likely a stuck button, but i tested the buttons with a multimeter again and it appears as though the buttons are working as they should be.

the tech wont supply me with a new control board unless i get them out to install it also... this is likely to result in a $1000 cost that is an absolute last resort.

any other ideas? i am about to replace the buttons with new ones in the hope that this is the problem. $1 per button is better than $1000

frustrating!

WestCoastMapGuy

I had the same error message "Turn power on again" Roland SolJet ProIII

After trying to change the environment, high humidity, for a few hours I noticed that the Sheet Cut button had jammed under the edge. Released it and all was fine. Strange to get the same error code though.

RicardoSandoval

Hi, Good day! were you able to fix your issue? Im having the same problem with a Versacamm VS-640. I have tried everything you have done and nothing. My dealer wants me to start replacing parts from the bottom to the mainboard until we find the issue.
Seems like nobody I talk knows to identify this issue correctly

Thanks in advance

ToasTuk

I know this is an old post but after having the same issue I felt it worth reporting my resolution to the same issue incase someone needs it in the future.
The problem is indeed to do with the control panel button circuit. Instead it’s about a poor connection with the flex cable to the panel with would indicate the same issue as a faulty control panel. However instead of replacing this board I turned the machine off and unpluging it (important).
Reseated the cable (if it’s damaged replace the cable).
Plugged it back in and up and running again.

Mattell

hi all, ive searched for hours to solve this and have come up empty.

printer was working fine, then the other morning "turn on power again" comes up on the lcd and nothing i do makes a difference.

has anyone had any experience with this before? its a sunday here so tech support isnt available for another 24 hours.

i did read about something similar and it being a stuck button on the control panel but all buttons tested fine.

its an old machine way out of warranty so hoping to try and solve this without a tech visit if at all possible.

help! please.

thanks

danny
Hello Danny,

The stuck button is true; my pause button was stuck and I had this error which went away the moment I released the button from it's stuck position.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Mattell

I know this is an old post but after having the same issue I felt it worth reporting my resolution to the same issue incase someone needs it in the future.
The problem is indeed to do with the control panel button circuit. Instead it’s about a poor connection with the flex cable to the panel with would indicate the same issue as a faulty control panel. However instead of replacing this board I turned the machine off and unpluging it (important).
Reseated the cable (if it’s damaged replace the cable).
Plugged it back in and up and running again.
In my case it was s tuck 'PAUSE' button which needed to be 'freed'