• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp540v Printhead From China?

strypguy

I know someone that has purchased several and they worked fine. I have one but have not installed it yet. I know solventinkjet.com has them for around $735. That is a ridiculous price if it doesn't include installation. John

signmeup

Thanks John! I have bought items from Signs in China before and was happy but a printhead is a costly item if it's a paperweight. Fedex shipping says 5 days which is quite amazing. They do seem to have a US warehouse so that must be the difference.

The $1600 I mentioned is Canadian dollars but did not include installation. That was an additional $400 with travel expenses... which I thought was outrageous for a 3 hour round trip and an hours labor.

Adrian

strypguy

Yeah, I had a quote around that price too. I'm in a small town about 100 miles from my tech location and they get about $600 to come to my shop to fix anything. I've learned how to replace about everything on my printers myself. This will be my first head replacement. I just need to find the time to do it. John

signmeup

What I found amazing was they said they would install the printhead for $25 if I brought the printer to them.(?) $25 an hour for labor and $125 and hour to drive a car. Makes no sense to me. Maybe it was joke.

Adrian