• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp540v replacing ink constantly and overflow always full. Why???

Tyson Wright

Hi! Have the sp540v. Been printing fine and everything but I’ve only done a handful of small jobs and I’ve replaced the black ink 3 times and yellow twice. Ink catch bottle has overflowed onto the floor 3 times and I check it daily. Any ideas what’s happening here? Never experienced this before

Thanks in advance

ChicagoGraphics

Check you're heads, their might be some fuzz stuck around the head from printing banner material and It acts like a wick, clean around the head not on the head it's self

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Check your caps for swelling of the inner "foam". It that is swollen and touching the bottom of the heads, they will act as a wick and do exactly what is happening. If they are after market caps, replace them with Roland OEM caps.

Tyson Wright

Check your caps for swelling of the inner "foam". It that is swollen and touching the bottom of the heads, they will act as a wick and do exactly what is happening. If they are after market caps, replace them with Roland OEM caps.
Makes sense. Ill have a look. Cheers!