• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP540v

Grantown

Good day all

In having a random error on my SP540v where " cartridge uninstalled " message pops up on machine and obviously printing will pause.

This is the yellow cartridge.

I then have to pull out the cartridge and reinsert it for the error to disappear.

Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks

rjssigns

Had that with my cyan cartridge slot. Cleaning the sensor helped a little. What ultimately worked on mine was forgetting to reinstall the flat metal spring on top of the cyan slot. I had disassembled the printer to do the cleaning and reassembled without realizing I had parts left over. Worked fine until I sold it. New owner never reported any issues.

Grantown

Had that with my cyan cartridge slot. Cleaning the sensor helped a little. What ultimately worked on mine was forgetting to reinstall the flat metal spring on top of the cyan slot. I had disassembled the printer to do the cleaning and reassembled without realizing I had parts left over. Worked fine until I sold it. New owner never reported any issues.
Thanks so much!
I will definitely try the cleaning option and if the problem persists, I will remove the sensor you referred to.

Is there a guide as to how to do the above?

Thanks

rjssigns

Thanks so much!
I will definitely try the cleaning option and if the problem persists, I will remove the sensor you referred to.

Is there a guide as to how to do the above?

Thanks

It wasn't the sensor. It was the flat metal spring that sits at the top of the cartridge slot. It was a dumb mistake forgetting to replace it but it stopped the cartridge error. I wouldn't recommend doing the same thing.

No how to guide either. I wouldn't recommend doing what I did. New printer was on its way so I wasn't too worried if something went wrong.

Grantown

It wasn't the sensor. It was the flat metal spring that sits at the top of the cartridge slot. It was a dumb mistake forgetting to replace it but it stopped the cartridge error. I wouldn't recommend doing the same thing.

No how to guide either. I wouldn't recommend doing what I did. New printer was on its way so I wasn't too worried if something went wrong.

Grantown

I appreciate the precaution not to remove anything from the machine however, its become extremely frustrating having the error all the time.
If your machine worked fine without that flat spring and the error went away, then I would take the chance of removing it.

Anyone else out there have any other solution to my problem?
Thanks rjssigns