• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

spaces in test draw jv33

dessmith1962

hello im new to the forum i run 2 mimaki jv33 for sublimation printing. recently i noticed about 15 random spaces in my number 7 blue channel on the testdraw ,ive cleaned and several nozzlewashes also ive flushed this channel with a syringe & cleaning solution but still the same 15 blank spaces ,i also switched the dampers & still the spaces are in the number 7 channel,we print sportswear and print is good except for an occasional problem with green..any suggestions,thankyou

Vinylman

I GOOD photo of the test print posted here would help with the diagnosis.
My first guess would be that your print head is getting ready to go bad.

I would try pulling ink through the head from below the docking station.
Do a search here or on the internet for details of how to do this.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Other than a long nozzle soak (filling the capping and set the soak time) there is not a whole lot else you can do. It's not a matter of if, it is a matter of when a head will start going bad. A couple of nozzles out is usually not much to worry about though. Right now my black nozzles are about 15% out. Print quality is still acceptable but with very fine detail I have to slow it down or print at a higher resolution. Just the nature of the beast. I'd try a good hour or longer nozzle soaking and see if that brings some of the missing nozzles back.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Attached electrical troubleshooting document you PM'd and left a visitor message in my profile for. I cannot give you guidance on how you use this.

Attachments

• JV33ElectricalTests.pdf
    557.1 KB · Views: 917