• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spanish Anyone?

Silverado

Hello...

I have to translate and make two banners. Input is in english and the banners need to be in spanish. I'am looking to purchase a spanish font library disk. Just a helvetica will do. Can anyone "steer" me in the right direction?

Thanks... Roger:help:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Be careful and see if you can have someone familiar with the language to proofread the results. Those translation tools sometimes don't do a very good job. Kinda like those electronics or toys that are made in China and the instructions are translated poorly

http://www.engrish.com/

Curious, why would anyone order a banner in Spanish that can’t write in Spanish or have someone in their mix that can. I tried to translate a request for safety related signs for a company years ago, only to find out that there are many ways to say the same thing. There is formal and street common. It’s sort of like us trying to understand legalese in a contract. I have customers that hand me text that doesn’t make a bit of since but are adamant about no changes.
So my advice is leaving it to the customer and go on to the next job.