Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Specialty Materials Color Print Solvent...Reviews?

Discussion in 'Printwear' started by john1, Aug 29, 2012.

1. john1

john1 Guest

Hey guys, Wanting to start offering short runs of shirts in house (printed) and have some color print solvent material coming in from specialty materials who are the makers of thermoflex.

Wondering what everyone's experience with it was as far as holding up and all.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

I've used it. It is a heavy material and if you leave a large area printed it is not comfortable to wear. I now use ....
    Sihl 4578 T-Printz Universal Dark Fabric Transfer Media 4.2 mil
    and they have one for light shirts. Works very well. AllSquare carries this and maybe others here. Freedom Paper also sells the Sihl material.

3. Cyw

Cyw Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I'm a big fan of Siser PU (matte) or even Stahls Express print .......if you need micro sized cuts
    Both products, IMHO, have a nicer hand and are easier to handle than the Specialty Materials offerings

........but for regular old heat transfer cut vinyl, Specialty Materials is just fine

4. thewvsignguy

thewvsignguy Active Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
    We use Imprintables Warehouse Eco-Print and works great, never a problem and priced pretty good.

5. g&eprinting

g&eprinting Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Everett MA

Attached Files:

6. john1

john1 Guest

Thanks everyone, I guess i will see how the samples turn out and go from there.

7. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Print-cut and weed the Go Hard or Go Home and Bam Bam? Yikes! I'd go blind. That had to be a PITA.

8. g&eprinting

g&eprinting Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Everett MA
    Yes but I am the super fastest weeder in the world now. Ha ha

Actually not that bad because you just pull the background and a lot of the little dots stay behind. Then a couple of in betweens and good to go.

I've spent many moons weeding.