• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sport Helmet Decals

Will308decals

Does anyone know what brand of vinyl is best for making sport helmet decals? I have a Gerber edge 2 and wants to start making helmet decals. I have looked at convex but their vinyl is very expensive compared to Edura vinyl, Oracal, and Greenstar. I just don't know which vinyl is best to use and how big the vinyl should be (probably 3 mil).

Convex Gear Wrap with matching Convex laminate is what I would recommend and what a lot of manufacturers use for these types of decals. You want something ideally around 20 mil thick for helmets that take a lot of impact.

Joe House

It's not just the thickness, but the ability to conform to the complex curves of a helmet at that thickness. Yeah, it costs more, but you're getting more.

Will308decals

Convex Gear Wrap with matching Convex laminate is what I would recommend and what a lot of manufacturers use for these types of decals. You want something ideally around 20 mil thick for helmets that take a lot of impact.
What do you company do you suggest that makes 20 mil vinyl? I can't find any anywhere