Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Spray Adhesion Promoter

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Stella_FB700, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Stella_FB700

Stella_FB700 Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Canada
  2. ChrisN

ChrisN Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Denver, PA
    I've used 3155 on acrylic, and it works as advertised. Never tried it or 2155 on coroplast, though.

3. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

Why would you even need it on coroplast? We've slapped hundreds of yards of assorted vinyls on coro and have never had a failure.

4. Stella_FB700

Stella_FB700 Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Canada
    Hi, i am basically just using this stuff as a help with the static issue - we have been getting some increased overspray lately (with the heaters on in the back) - its chilly outside here still. The adhesion is good otherwise with our coroplast brand and a custom ICC profile for the substrate. This stuff seems to take the static down quite a bit - but man should it "stink" like this? I have the team buzzing with the smell.

I just recently fixed a print head out on the carriage after multiple realignments and purging - the overspray issue hasn't been fixed. But i do assume its just static electricity. Because it seems to happen constantly with the high static plastics / metal products.

5. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
    use this and thank me later - Plastic Prep 6428SP
    we had the same problems with static. we wipe down everything using this stuff. its great. no static. no fingerprints. use a lint free wipe like wypall L30 DRC.

6. Stella_FB700

Stella_FB700 Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Canada
    I will take a look!
    Thank you