• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Spray Adhesion Promoter

ChrisN

I've used 3155 on acrylic, and it works as advertised. Never tried it or 2155 on coroplast, though.

Bill Modzel

Why would you even need it on coroplast? We've slapped hundreds of yards of assorted vinyls on coro and have never had a failure.

Stella_FB700

Same here. The 3155 works well.

I'm assuming the OP is referring to adhesion promoters for UV ink - which doesn't apply to slapping vinyl on coroplast.

StellaFB700, what kind of issues are you having that would require you to prep coroplast sheets? As we all know, direct printed coroplast is one of the lowest cost/margin products you can produce on a flatbed, and having to prep each sheet quickly eats into profits.
What kind of coroplast are you using? Is it corona treated? I have heard of adhesion problems with the FB inks but there should be a good coroplast out there that will work for you without the need for prepping. Personally I prefer Coroplast brand and we have no adhesion issues with our Oce Arizona, but I realize the inksets are quite different from one another. We've also had good success with Inteplast but our dealer no longer carries it. I find Coroplast brand has a nicer white point and the finish accepts ink better.

Hi, i am basically just using this stuff as a help with the static issue - we have been getting some increased overspray lately (with the heaters on in the back) - its chilly outside here still. The adhesion is good otherwise with our coroplast brand and a custom ICC profile for the substrate. This stuff seems to take the static down quite a bit - but man should it "stink" like this? I have the team buzzing with the smell.

I just recently fixed a print head out on the carriage after multiple realignments and purging - the overspray issue hasn't been fixed. But i do assume its just static electricity. Because it seems to happen constantly with the high static plastics / metal products.

boxerbay

use this and thank me later - Plastic Prep 6428SP
we had the same problems with static. we wipe down everything using this stuff. its great. no static. no fingerprints. use a lint free wipe like wypall L30 DRC.