• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Sprung from Prison

jochwat

Graphics Department
Hello everyone,

Technically I'm not "new" here, having signed up almost four (!) years ago, but on my first day I had some missteps and some feathers were ruffled due to the structure of my questioning, and, well, I got sent to the Banned Slammer. You can read all about it in my past message thread, as the embarrassment of it all is still here in its full glory. :confused: (It's the one about setting up a new graphics shop)...

Anyway, the place I worked for during that difficult morning is a distant memory, and if anyone originally involved cares to know the details, which are delightful, I'm more than willing to let 'em fly. Also: sorry about all that!

So, now that I've been released to use this helpful system, and hopefully give as much as I take (although that may be a tall order), I hope we can let go of the past indiscretion and move ahead. :)

My name is Joe, and I now work in Michigan City, Indiana, for an industrial/commercial label/sign/decal/etc. manufacturer. Wide format on HP 365s / Graphtec plotters / Gerber Edge FX printer & Envision plotter / Flexo printing / Screen printing / TTL labels. Hell, we even have a couple Heidelberg "windmills". Been buzzing in and out of different facets of this line of work since the early 90s, from design to prepress to variable data to wide format and lots in between. Jack of all trades, master of... some.

Please be gentle. :D

-Joe

Stacey K

I like making signs
You had me at Heidelberg windmill! We had one in our high school (graduated in 1992, not 1902 :) we could set it up in the morning, the teacher would fill the ink/paper periodically during the day and we could come back for 7th hour and it would still be running! BEST PRESS EVER!

Anyway, hi!

jochwat

Graphics Department
You had me at Heidelberg windmill! We had one in our high school (graduated in 1992, not 1902 :) we could set it up in the morning, the teacher would fill the ink/paper periodically during the day and we could come back for 7th hour and it would still be running! BEST PRESS EVER!

Anyway, hi!
As far as I can tell, ours are only used for die cuts. Never heard of 'em until I got here -- in fact, before I typed it in here, I had to ask the operator what they were even called. I knew they were Heidelbergs... but a Heidelberg WHAT?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Hello everyone,

Technically I'm not "new" here, having signed up almost four (!) years ago, but on my first day I had some missteps and some feathers were ruffled due to the structure of my questioning, and, well, I got sent to the Banned Slammer. You can read all about it in my past message thread, as the embarrassment of it all is still here in its full glory. :confused: (It's the one about setting up a new graphics shop)...

Anyway, the place I worked for during that difficult morning is a distant memory, and if anyone originally involved cares to know the details, which are delightful, I'm more than willing to let 'em fly. Also: sorry about all that!

So, now that I've been released to use this helpful system, and hopefully give as much as I take (although that may be a tall order), I hope we can let go of the past indiscretion and move ahead. :)

My name is Joe, and I now work in Michigan City, Indiana, for an industrial/commercial label/sign/decal/etc. manufacturer. Wide format on HP 365s / Graphtec plotters / Gerber Edge FX printer & Envision plotter / Flexo printing / Screen printing / TTL labels. Hell, we even have a couple Heidelberg "windmills". Been buzzing in and out of different facets of this line of work since the early 90s, from design to prepress to variable data to wide format and lots in between. Jack of all trades, master of... some.

Please be gentle. :D

-Joe

I can't believe it! You're jumping right in and getting right back into your old ways!
Sorry, couldn't resist. lol
Welcome back, did they put you through a rehabilitation class?