• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Square.com raising rates

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
FYI, if you do online invoicing to customers through Square.com they are raising their rates soon.

The previous rate was 2.75 flat. Later this year it is going up to 2.9 + .30 per transaction. If you send lots of invoices in one year that adds up quickly. Based on what I did last year that will be $800 more per year.

I don't swipe so 2.75 flat was a good rate for me. I don't know if the swipe rates are changing

Billct2

I was just considering switching to Square. Isn't that still cheaper than a lot of others? And no terminals to deal with.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I was just considering switching to Square. Isn't that still cheaper than a lot of others? And no terminals to deal with.

Yes I believe it is a good rate but I don't know how it compares to swiped cards. That I am not able to do remotely

I don't have any plans to switch unless something better comes along. Unfortunately over time banks and card processors add various fees. The honeymoon is over