• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Square Footage for Top of '84 Chevy Caprice

rlmercer

Wondering if any of you could send me the square footage for the top of an '84 Chevy Caprice (image attached). I'm installing a gator-skin seamless pattern. Installation advice welcome as well :)

Attachments

• DSCN0140.jpg
    DSCN0140.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 155

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You might wanna shoot the messenger, but that's your safest and best advice. How many of those are just parked up and down the street ??

Many of those tops were split. Is the one you're doing split or like the picture ??

Flame

The chances of someone having a 84 Caprice chilling in their driveway is kind of a shot in the dark, and I'd highly doubt anyone made a template for one of those (not like I trust any of those templates anyways). Just take the time to go measure it like you have to do for any other vehicle?

2B

also you have to inspect the vehicle condition / paint.

judging by the image this is in the middle of or recently repaired/painted. If so make sure the out-gassing has occurred.
if not then then a 30 year old paint job is questionable as it could very easily come off if you try to re-position the vinyl during install.
have to make sure the vinyl is going to stick good

+1 never go off a template beyond getting an idea for quoting

Mosh

After you install this you will have tripled the value of that vehicle, cause that print is going to cost two times what that whole car is worth....Seriously?

2B

Any particular vinyl you would suggest? Dumb question, but is cast a must on this?

Cast is not a must if it is short term, the graphics are being placing on a horizanial surface in a sunny state........

we are partial to ORACAL, 3751/290 combo in this case