• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Square Up

Blaney

Is anyone using Square Up (squareup.com) to take credit card/ Debit card payments? Square Up is a iPhone app that allows you to take a CC payment outside of the shop. The app comes with a card reader that plugs into the headphone jack of your iPhone. Before I signed up for the app, I would like feedback from anyone that might be using it.

Thanks

mrfern

Is anyone using Square Up (squareup.com) to take credit card/ Debit card payments? Square Up is a iPhone app that allows you to take a CC payment outside of the shop. The app comes with a card reader that plugs into the headphone jack of your iPhone. Before I signed up for the app, I would like feedback from anyone that might be using it.

Thanks

I use it. Works great. Only one issue I had. I was testing it and swiped a card of mine to test. I canceled the transaction but once you swipe a card it will charge it no matter if you cancel it. It took about 4 days for the charge to go back to my account since it was never signed it was not accepted by SQUARE. Works awesome and they just altered their fee's where all they charge is the 2.75 % and no per trans charge. Gets better every day.

There are a few posts on this already. Do a search and you will find other info.

my .02 cents

mrfern

saktrnch

I was going to use them for a couple of years. They were always going to send me the card reader in a few months when they got more in. I use quick books go payment, and haven't had any problems with it.

jc1cell

Neither work in Puerto Rico....I'm so bummed. Waiting for the day it spreads it's wings out of the US.

jc

signswi

Mobile payments are a hot arena and Square was one of the first to market, nice product. I don't have much use for it (don't handle billing at my day job, freelance gigs are all over the world and I take online payment), but if I did need such a service Square would be the first one I tried out.

J

john1

Set my account up, verified my bank and received my reader today in the mail. Did a test swipe of $1.00 to my Credit Card and emailed myself a receipt. Works like a charm!

Woo

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
works fantastic ... I can e-mail cash receipts to customers, process creditcards like a charm and be get a printout of total sales from the website for my records ... good stuff. I recommend either that or the intuit one since for $200 bucks you can get a blue tooth combo card swiper and receipt printer with pretty much the same rates. (one is largely blackberry ... the other is largely android/iphone based)

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Have you seen how they are using the ipad to take payments, accept signatures and allow for tipping.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/23...-with-square-register-for-ipad-and-card-case/

https://squareup.com/ (scroll down)

Pretty soon you won't need to order from a waiter. They will only be needed to bring out your food. Think about it, you could have an ipad menu. It could change daily, no need to print new menus as items are added, prices could fluctuate easily. Your menu becomes interactive. No need to have a static menu

This is just the beginning as it could apply to many retail situations

PMG

Does anyone use a mytouch with this app?

i found the app....but on download says my phones content rating filter is incompatible with this item ...that sucks,,LOL my phone is not old at all has the newest android,its a mytouch 3g with the 3.5mm jack,,,it should work . Its says my phone is compatible on the web site.....

Last edited:

Locals Find!

The problem with most of these processors and processors in general for business. Is if someone is paying you with the company credit card versus their personal credit card. You have to pay a much higher rate.

These only make sense if everyone pays you with their personal credit cards. Why would you want to give up more of your money to do business with businesses?

David Wright

Well I had a regular credit card processor with supposedly lower rates.
Most around 1.8% but then the stipulations. Card not present, debit card, corporate card etc., then the rates jump. Then there is minimum fees, monthly statements. Finally interchange bullcrap and fees for being compliant.

In the end a real rate of over 3% and more per month, and with a contract.

I am doing Square right now, still isn't really great in a professional environment but a change from the crap I had. Looking at Paynet systems right now.

signswi

The problem with most of these processors and processors in general for business. Is if someone is paying you with the company credit card versus their personal credit card. You have to pay a much higher rate.

These only make sense if everyone pays you with their personal credit cards. Why would you want to give up more of your money to do business with businesses?

Because convenience is king in America and customers will appreciate it.

WDP

We use square over Go payment every day. Go payment if you don't raise this , use it this way or what ever it doesn't work. With Square just plug and play baby. Its great for pay on delivery orders.

Mainframe

Looking at Paynet systems right now.[/QUOTE]

I had paynet once & they kept raising my monthly fee, I tried for 6 months to get rid of them & they gave me the run around, finally I had to block them from my account (to the tune of 80 bucks) & then when all my checks finally cleared, I had to change my account completely, I suggest you go with your local bank (someone you can get your hands around thier neck if needed) or you could be in for a hassle. I am gonna get the square here soon & just use it for some slow paying customers & when a one time customer rolls in with a card.