Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squarespace w/ connected g-suite billing

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by JBurton, Jul 23, 2020.

1. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Ok, long story short, squarespace is supposed to pay google for g suite services. CC that autopays square was compromised and cancelled, new number was not entered into square's billing before the g suite billing occurred. So when our emails got suspended, I went to fix everything up on square's end. They are absolutely unable to reactivate my g suite, and have elevated a service ticket to find out why. As far as they can tell, my g suite was cancelled, not suspended.
    Google can see that it's an account paid for by square, and is in good standing, but suspended by square. Google is unable to help until they get the domain ownership verified (up to 3 days) then they can send a transfer request that may take up to "72 business hours"(the guy recanted this to 3 business days, I about sh*t a brick when reading it initially). So right now I have a support ticket escalated with both google and square, and no emails, and if you're a customer trying to email, you get a bounce back message, and I won't know it was ever sent.
    So, if you have a similar setup to mine, do yourself a favor and go on and transfer the billing of g suite to google, so at least they can help you with any issues on their end. Right now they are just pointing fingers at one another, and I'm just fortunate the boss is my old man, or I'd be fired, since he has at least 50k worth of work he knows about that he can't get any info out of his email on, not to mention the possibly missed opportunities and the other sales guys work.
    Anybody have a worse story of their day to make me feel less like hammered hell?

Tags:
  2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I would log into who you have your domain registered with and switch the e-mail DNS to a an email forwarder and forward it to a personal account so at least you can receive and reply to communications. You can do that in about 10 minutes.
    Once squarespace and gsuites figures it out you can revert the DNS back to them

EDIT: This only works if you are using a custom domain name in your e-mail address. For example myname@mycompany.com If you are myname@gmail.com that wouldnt work.

3. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I did not even consider looking for a workaround! I'll look into this and report back tomorrow.
    But really, with two companies both getting a check from me, you'd expect to get some more rapid support for something like downed email accounts!