• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stacking tiled images for output in Signlab 8

Hopefully someone can help me with the description given.

How can I stack tiled images to reduce white space?

What I have is 2 images say about 60"x60" going on 54" material.

I make one tile 53", set for 1" overlap. When the 2 image tiles measuring 53" tile, there's really no wasted space since going on 54" material, but when the remainder of the 2 images, about 7" plus overlap are tiled, they lay side by side on the material length wise.

Instead of laying like this = they lay like this _ _

If that makes any sense at all, how can I get these tiles to lay vertically rather than horiztonally - instead of 2 7"x60" panels laid side by side, lay them on top of each other?

I can take screen shots if needed, but Signlabs help file isn't helping much.

Thanks!

d fleming

This may not be the right way to do it but it works for me. I take the image to be tiled and duplicate so I have three of them on screen. Leave the original alone. Take the remaining two and crop in image editor to desired. Now you have two images that can be manipulated seperately. You can adjust for overlap etc., while cropping.

This may not be the right way to do it but it works for me. I take the image to be tiled and duplicate so I have three of them on screen. Leave the original alone. Take the remaining two and crop in image editor to desired. Now you have two images that can be manipulated seperately. You can adjust for overlap etc., while cropping.

Yeah, I have done it that just wish not to since. Have this software and it"should" do it especially on a run that was much larger, that could be a pain.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't have a copy of SignLab to advise you but there are two primary ways in most applications to do what you want to do.

1. Do a step and repeat of a single tile with zero for the gap between.

2. Make the tile into a pattern and then use it as a fill for a vector. It will tile automatically.

The approach you are taking of manually overlapping the edges is definitely wrong and will not take advantage of the way a seamless tile is designed to work. they should just be butted against one another.

This image shows how seamless tiles are designed to work. In it there are seven tiles already positioned and an eighth being put into place.

PASTT-Tiled-Graphic.gif

d fleming

Not sure creating a multitiled background is what is being attempted here. Graphicfx is talking about tiling a layout, not just the background. I think?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not sure creating a multitiled background is what is being attempted here. Graphicfx is talking about tiling a layout, not just the background. I think?

:Oops: I see that now. I always use the term nest for that. Disregard my previous post.