• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stakes, posts or rods for 10mm corrugated?

B Snyder

I want to put 36hx48w 10mm corrugated signs at ground level on a lawn for a few months. Has anyone done this with 3/8" threaded rods or similar? 3 rods per sign?

Attachments

• 10mil.jpg
    10mil.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 130

chester215

Just call me Chester.
I have seen H frames for 4x4 signs.
I would use one for this if I had to.
2 PT 4x4 posts would be best.
It think it would blow over or away into someone's car, house, etc with just the rods.

B Snyder

I have seen H frames for 4x4 signs.
I would use one for this if I had to.
2 PT 4x4 posts would be best.
It think it would blow over or away into someone's car, house, etc with just the rods.

These signs wouldn't be 4x4.

I was thinking the rods would be 60". 24" in the ground and 36" inside the corrugations (to the top of the sign).

I do many, many 4' x 4' and 4' x 8' 10 mm signs for a local auction company. They use a heavier version of the metal fence posts attached here and leave some of them up for a year or longer. For the size sign you have and it being near the ground, these smaller posts would be fine. You should be able to get them for $3-4 each at any hardware store.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fence posts.JPG
    fence posts.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 185

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try a 60" tomato stake, if the sign is double sided. If its temporary, it should be just fine. Single sided, use the stakes the previous poster showed.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
If you go the fence post route you may be able to use these #2 conduit clamps to attach the panel to the posts.

attachment.php

Attachments

• conduit clamp.jpg
    conduit clamp.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 174

Pat Whatley

My welder used to make 60" H-stakes for me from 3/8" steel rod for $10 each. Steel rod is pretty cheap if you've got a steel supplier near you. I'd avoid threaded rod, it tends to snap after wobbling in the wind for a while.