• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stand Offs That Fasten From The Back Of Letters?

player

I am making cut letters from PVC that I want to mount to epanel, with a space between the letters and the epanel. Are there stand offs I can use that I don't have to drill through the front of the letters? I am also interested in making my own.

Thanks

J Hill Designs

I am making cut letters from PVC that I want to mount to epanel, with a space between the letters and the epanel. Are there stand offs I can use that I don't have to drill through the front of the letters? I am also interested in making my own.

Thanks

LORDS adhesive <whatever> to the back of the letters. you can use acrylic pads, blocks of sintra, elevator bolts, whatever.

method/material would depend on size, thickness, exterior vs interior, etc

shoresigns

Are there stand offs I can use that I don't have to drill through the front of the letters?

Tap the back of the letters, insert studs, add spacers. Why would you need to drill through the front of the letters?

EDIT: You could also insert screws through the back of the e-panel, through the spacer and into the tapped back side of the letter.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Those MBS snap standoffs look nice.

We use them on tradeshow exhibits that are used many times during the year so that we can snap off the letters, package them up safely, transport the exhibit and set them up the next time quickly and not have to worry that the letters get damaged by being mishandled during setup/takedown by the show floor labor guys. I've also seen them recently on Outwater Plastic's site.