• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Standalone Vinyl Plotter Software?

LanceWest

Hello Everyone,

We have picked up a new (to us) graphtec plotter. The Software for it is Cutting Master 4. However when I install it on my main computer my computer crashes. I think it is a problem with having that and Rasterlink/Fine Cut on the computer already. My boss has set up a laptop to run the little plotter but it doesn't have any graphic software (Illustrator, CorelDRAW, etc.) on it. Is there a stand alone solution? Something that I can load an SVG into and cut from?

LanceWest

It is a graphtec CE6000-60. My boss keeps pushing me toward Stahls' cadworx and vecotr cut 3 but I cannot get them to work. We design out of CorelDRAW so I need something that can load a .cdr file without being a plugin for Corel.

WildWestDesigns

so I need something that can load a .cdr file without being a plugin for Corel.

Something that I can load an SVG into and cut from?

Which format is it? I have seen far more that would handle SVG and EPS files then CDR files (unless there is a plugin or a higher dollar program). If all one is wanting is wire frame info for cutting, it should be six in one as to which format is being used.

Just so long as the software supports the printer and the source file.

woolly

you can cut directly out of coral draw by using this win print driver
https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-download-ce6000
windows print and usb driver

it will cut what ever vector you give a black hairline too you set the driver page to suit the vinyl then the corel page to match. place what you want cutting on the page and press print. bit more to it that that but the general idea. only limiting factor if it still exists is the page length of 2.8 mts we use it all the time fast and simple just cuts what you want where you want.

unclebun

If you use Corel Draw, CoCut would work for you.

If you want a complete design/cut solution, we have found Sign Wizard to be the best.

WildWestDesigns

I don't think there is any design software on the laptop that's driving the cutter. As to if there will be, I dunno.

Although I tend to doubt it as the OP was asking for a standalone solution.

jimdtg

If you have artworks are saved as CorelDRAW .CDR format that you must have Corel on that laptop to open them or have to export to .AI or .EPS to use on laptop with another vinyl cutting software.
Almost vinyl cutting software can open .AI and .EPS file, you can get FlexiSIGN, SignLab, VinylMaster... as standalone application.