• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Starboard

Tennessee

Does anyone have experience using the marine grade product called starboard? Can you apply vinyl graphics to this material? Can you route or sandblast Starboard?

Johnny Best

I have used Starboard a lot since I do work on boats on occasion. The only drawback is adhesives. You can use any wood tools to fabricate with it and can stand the elements. You just have to know your joinery methods in fabricating with it. Someone told me there is a two part glue for it but have never used it as of yet. Vinyl graphics does not stick to it good. You can route it but have never tried sandblasting it. Might be difficult to get your mask to stay on.

Tennessee

I have used Starboard a lot since I do work on boats on occasion. The only drawback is adhesives. You can use any wood tools to fabricate with it and can stand the elements. You just have to know your joinery methods in fabricating with it. Someone told me there is a two part glue for it but have never used it as of yet. Vinyl graphics does not stick to it good. You can route it but have never tried sandblasting it. Might be difficult to get your mask to stay on.
Thanks Johnny!