• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Started at a new shop recently....

KSTrooper

Wrapper, designer, illustrator
...and I'm doing wraps and auto graphics work full time now, and I love it. My 'test' was a full color change on this super tuned 600hp BMW X5M. White to black, full jambs, the works. Didn't find out til later that it's the boss' s wife's car. Will be posting a few others soon.

Attachments

• 2019-06-04 14.47.17.jpg
    2019-06-04 14.47.17.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 808

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Maybe I'm ignorant... but why in the hell would you wrap and white car solid black? Maybe they just wanted to see if you could do it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why fight with the guy ?? If he said he did it, then he did it. No sense arguing with each other over such pettiness. IF he didn't do it, then he hasta live with his lie...... not us. :toasting:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Not sure if sarcasm or not. I do see a seam roughly in-line with the top of the grill.

If it IS fully wrapped, is done very very well.
No, while usually sarcastic, I was serious. Now that I look at it closer I think I see the seam you mentioned (but it looks like reflection)....But still, I've done and seen enough wraps to detect one vs paint vs plasti-dip....and the glare/reflections on this car looks like paint. Maybe I don't see enough high gloss ones ESPECIALLY solid color, as most are luster or matte. If it's legit, it's a nice job for sure.

bannertime

Very nice. Let's see them corners and close ups! Anything can look good from a distance. I have great respect for color change wrappers. Nothing I'd want to do.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
Is it April 1st?

If that's a wrap, you need to have your own company not working for someone else.

equippaint

No, while usually sarcastic, I was serious. Now that I look at it closer I think I see the seam you mentioned (but it looks like reflection)....But still, I've done and seen enough wraps to detect one vs paint vs plasti-dip....and the glare/reflections on this car looks like paint. Maybe I don't see enough high gloss ones ESPECIALLY solid color, as most are luster or matte. If it's legit, it's a nice job for sure.
Paint protection film for bumper and leading edge of hood

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
...and I'm doing wraps and auto graphics work full time now, and I love it. My 'test' was a full color change on this super tuned 600hp BMW X5M. White to black, full jambs, the works. Didn't find out til later that it's the boss' s wife's car. Will be posting a few others soon.

That is a great looking color change job!! Nice work man!

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Hey full pics look good for the average viewer. Let see some close up pics of those hard spots to wrap

Grill area, hard angles, your corners, inlay seams, mirrors, handles, sensors, etc

From the full shot even bad wraps look good. Not saying yours is bad

KSTrooper

Wrapper, designer, illustrator
more photos. I will post the jambs too once I dig the pics out of my dropbox.

Thanks for all the compliments, they are appreciated. The client was extremely picky but forced me to really work to get the little things right. It's not flawless, but for what it is I'm pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• 2019-05-07 15.44.55(1).jpg
    2019-05-07 15.44.55(1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 369
  • 2019-05-07 15.45.35.jpg
    2019-05-07 15.45.35.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 360
  • 2019-05-07 16.19.50.jpg
    2019-05-07 16.19.50.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 374
Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Curious... what did you do about the silicon seams? since the vinyl won't stick to silicon, I've been told the only way to get around that is to remove the silicon. How did you tackle that?

equippaint

Curious... what did you do about the silicon seams? since the vinyl won't stick to silicon, I've been told the only way to get around that is to remove the silicon. How did you tackle that?
Most automotive sealants would be a urethane, not silicone, and they paint over it. If you remove it, you're going to ruin the paint. Technically adhesive vinyl should adhere but I don't know the actual procedure for dealing with it on a wrap. Cutting it out would not be the way though.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We tend to avoid color change wraps - but our PM group was asked about it. I thought I would toss out that question here - and see what other experts are saying